The Debug Mode of the PLT can be used to transfer files directly to the PLT, bypassing PLTcloud. This allows for rapid iteration in the development of a test plan.
Set Up Debug Mode
To set up Debug Mode you need to add a .pub SSH key to be added to your project. If you do not know how to create a .pub file you can follow this tutorial
NOTE: To activate Debug Mode you must have administrator permissions on your account.
- Navigate to the Project Management page
- Click on the Details icon
- Click on Debug Keys button
- Click the File icon and navigate to your .pub file
- Click the Submit button
Activate Debug Mode
- Click PLTs from the left-hand menu and then click the PLT you want to put into debug mode.
- Click the Details icon (the eye) on the PLT card.
- On the PLT Details page, click the Reset button.
- On the Reset page, click on the Reset (Debug Mode) button.
- The PLT will reset and once it boots up again "Debug Mode" will be displayed.
Connect to the PLT
While in Debug Mode, any SFTP client (such as sftp or WinSCP) can be used to upload release files. An example of uploading firmware is shown below. The PLT IP can be found on the PLT Details Page. On the first connection, you will have to accept the SSH key.
$ sftp debug@<PLT IP>
$ put myTestPlan.yaml
$ put myFirmware.hex