The Debug Mode of the PLT can be used to transfer files directly to the PLT, bypassing PLTcloud. This allows for rapid iteration in the development of a test plan.
- PLT-200 or PLT-300.
- Administrator permissions in your PLTcloud organization.
- SSH Key Pair.
- If you're not familiar with SSH Keys, you can follow this tutorial to generate them: How to Generate SSH Keys on Windows, Mac, or Linux
Set Up Debug Mode
- Navigate to the Project Details Page by clicking on the Project menu and selecting "Project":
- Click on Debug Keys.
- Click the File icon and select your public key (.pub file) to upload.
- Click the Submit button.
Activate Debug Mode
- Click PLTs from the left-hand menu and then click the PLT you want to put into debug mode.
- Click the Details icon (the eye) on the PLT card.
- On the PLT Details page, click the Reset button.
- On the Reset page, click on the Reset (Debug Mode) button.
- The PLT will reset and once it boots up again "Debug Mode" will be displayed.
Connect to the PLT
You can now use a SFTP client to connect to your PLT and upload release files. Just like when creating a release via PLTcloud, you'll want to upload one or more test plan yaml files, and any supporting binary or image files.
You can find your PLT's IP current address on the PLT front-panel display, or from the PLTs view on PLTcloud.
Here's an example using the command-line SFTP client to upload a simple release:
$ sftp debug@<PLT IP>
$ put myTestPlan.yaml
$ put myFirmware.hex