If your organization has tight security protocols that requires test equipment to have no internet connection or limited internet connection here's a workflow your team can enjoy.
- Will PLT & PLTcloud webhooks still work if my organization airgap's my network?
- Can my organization reconfigure the PLT's DNS ?
- What's the structure of the HTTP request sent by the PLT to PLTcloud?
- What's the expected structure of the HTTP response.
The PLT is designed to be used as an IoT device, connected to the Internet.
- Webhooks are sent over a mutually authenticated encrypted channel with PLTcloud. If the PLT is airgapped, the PLT will not be able to perform webhook requests, or deploy PLT-OS or test plan updates from PLTcloud.
- The DNS configuration of the PLT is obtained through DHCP, so you could point it to different DNS servers that way.
- But the PLT will check the TLS certificate of any backend server you would point it to.
- Additional Answers check here: https://plt.bcdevices.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=firewall