This example will go through the entire deployment process using the PLT-DEMO board, test plan, and code. This tutorial assumes you have gone through Getting Started with your First Deployment articles. If you have not, please review them first. Adapt this code as needed to the specifics of your project.
- PLTCloud Account
- PLT Demo board
- PLT Demo Files
- Amazon AWS Account
Download Example Files
- Download the .hex and .yaml files from the plt github.
Create the Demo Project (Reference)
- Go to Project Menu → Manage Project → Add Project
- In the Name field, enter "Demo"
- In the Description, field enter "Example Getting Started Project"
- Click Create
Create Report Repository (Reference)
- On S3, create a Bucket with the name "plt-demo-reports" and select "us-west-2" for the region.
- On PLT Cloud, click the Details icon → Report Connector → Add Destination
- Enter “plt-demo-reports” in the S3 Bucket Field and “Demo” in the Report Prefix field.
- Select .json for the Report Format
- Click Add
- On the Report Connector Details page, expand the S3 Bucket Policy section. You will see a .json formatted text like the one below:
- Copy the json text.
- Log in to S3 if you have not already done so
- In plt-demo-reports bucket navigate to the Permissions tab
- Click Edit in and paste the json it the text box
- Click Save
Enroll Your PLT
See Add a PLT to PLTcloud for details
Deploy Demo Code
Code deployment consists of adding elements, grouping those files in a release, and deploying to a deployment group
Create a Deployment Group (Reference)
- On the Deployment Group List page, click Add Deployment Group
- In the name field, enter “Demo”
- In the Description field, enter “Demo deploy test”
Add Files (Reference)
- From the PLTcloud Homepage, go to Files → Add File
- Click the File icon. Navigate to the “suite-PLTDEMO-zephyr-0.1.2.yaml” file and click Open
- Enter “Demo Test Plan” in the Description field
- Repeat step 1 to add “pltdemo-zephyr-fw-0.1.2.hex” and enter “Demo hex” in the Description field
Create a Release (Reference)
- From the PLT Cloud Homepage left-hand menu, select Releases → Add Release
- In the Version field, enter “0.1”
- In the Description field, enter “Demo Release”
- Click the “suite-PLTDEMO-zephyr-0.1.2.yaml” and “pltdemo-zephyr-fw-0.1.2.hex” checkboxes to include them in the release
Deploy Code (Reference)
- On the Release List page, click the Deploy button
- In the Version list, select 0.1
- In the Deployment Group List, select Demo
- Click Select
- Click Deploy
Download Test Suite to the PLT (Reference)
- In the PLT, Navigate to Main Menu → Check for Updates
- Press the Enter key to install the Demo Release
- The PLT will restart and display “Demo Test Plan” on the screen
Run Test Plan (Reference)
- Connect the PLT_DEMO hardware to the SWD port using the tag connect cable
- Press Run on the PLT screen
- The test plan will run and display “PASSED” upon completion.
View Report (Reference)
- In PLTcloud select Reports from the left-hand menu.
- You will see the report of the test you just ran marked as “PLT Demo Test Plan'' under Test Plan Title. Select the Details icon on the left-hand side of the row.
- The full report will open, and you will see the results of each step and their timestamps.